Leuben 100mg (Bendamustine)
Leuben 100mg belongs antineoplastic medication by alkylation process.
Leuben 100mg consist of nitrogen-mustard compound necessary in the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) that has progressed during or within six months of treatment with rituximab or a rituximab-containing regimen.
Leuben 100mg is a prescription drug which is used under the guidance of medical supervision.
Leuben 100mg is indicated for following condition :
The treatment of Chronic lymphocytic Leukaemia
The treatment of Indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
The treatment of Myeloma
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Bendamustine consist of bifunctional mechlorethamine derivative capable of forming electrophilic alkyl groups which covalently attach to other molecules. Due to this function as an alkylating agent, bendamustine occurs intra- and inter-strand crosslinks between DNA bases resulting in cell death. It is active against both active and quiescent cells, even though theproper mechanism of action is unknown
Time to peak plasma: At end of infusion
Protein bound: 94-96%
Volume of distribution: 25L
Metabolized by CYP1A2
Excretion: feces 90%; Urine 1-10%
The prescribed dose for chronic lymphocytic Leukaemia is 100mg/m2 IV infusion on days 1 and 2 of 28-day cycle, repeated for up to 6 cycles
The recommended dose for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is 120mg/m2 IV infusion on days 1 and 2 of 21-day cycle repeated for up to 8 cycles
- While on treatment will causes tumor lysis syndrome occurs; acute renal failure and death may report; anticipate and use supportive measures.
• Control the fever and other signs of infection and treat promptly.
• Lethal and severe cases of liver injury resulted with bendamustine hydrochloride injection.
• Check for liver chemistry tests prior to and during treatment.
• Serious infusion and anaphylactic reactions resulted; check clinically and stops treatment; premeditate in consecutive cycles for milder reactions.
• Myelosuppression may report; decrease dose; restart treatment based on ANC and platelet count recovery; difficult situation of myelosuppression may lead to death.
• While on treatment, Premalignant and malignant diseases reported.
Side effects caused due to Leuben 100mg :
• Bleeding gums
• Sore throat
• Breathing trouble
• Fast heartbeat
• Blistering and peeling of skin
• Decreased blood counts
• Infusion reaction
When concomitant use of Leuben 100mg with CYP1A2 inhibitors will have possible to have high plasma concentration of bendamustine and lowers plasma concentration of active metabolites.
When concomitant use of Leuben 100mg with CYP1A2 inducers will have possible to reduces the plasma concentration of bendamustine and increase plasma concentration of active metabolites.
Hypersensitivity to bendamustine and its metabolites
Pregnancy category is D
Based on adverse reaction, Leuben 100mg will cause fetal harm when given to a pregnant woman. Leuben 100mg reported malformations in animals.
Avoid using Leuben 100mg during pregnancy.
The drug excreted into human milk is unknown and effects in the new born baby are unknown
Hence use is contraindicated
store in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C
keep in original containers until time of use.
In case of over dosage of Leuben 100mg tablets, patients must provided with some supportive measures and discontinue the therapy. The half life of Leuben 100mg is occurs for 5.8 days. Seizure is the major adverse effect occurred due to over dosage of Leuben 100mg . Seizure is not described at ≤240mg daily; since three seizures occurs at 360mg, 480mg and 600mg daily.
If dose is missed, then have immediately before the reaching of next dose time or swap the missed dose and continue regular schedule. Consult the doctors for more information